FRS - Family Resource Schools
Family Resource Schools (FRS) is a joint partnership between the City of Boulder and the Boulder Valley School District serving children and families at five elementary schools in Boulder: Columbine, Creekside, Crest View, University Hill and Whittier International.
FRS is dedicated to supporting families capacity to raise healthy, well-functioning, and successful children through a broad array of prevention and early intervention services. These services are developed and delivered according to the unique needs of families in each school community. The program especially emphasizes outreach to traditionally underserved populations to increase access to basic services and engagement in school.
The essential framework of FRS:
- Promote family self-sufficiency
- Remove barriers to academic achievement
- Build on family strengths
- Enhance academic opportunities at the school
- Serve as an advocate for families
Services available through FRS include:
- Case management and follow-up services
- Counseling: individual and group
- Referrals to service providers
- Workshops, classes and school engagement for parents
- Neighborhood outreach
- Coordination of special events
- Afterschool enrichment programs
Other services vary among the FRS Schools and can include/ support obtaining the following:
- Academic training
- Child care and child care subsidies
- Basic needs and transportation assistance
- Dental, medical and vision care
For further information on the City of Boulder's Family Resource Schools Program, please contact Sharone Calles at: 720-561-2938 or by sending an email to: email@example.com.